Maritime Superintendent Assistant – PTSC CGGV GEOPHYSICAL SURVEY CO., LTD
PTSC CGGV GEOPHYSICAL SURVEY CO., LTD
Workplace: Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu
To assist the Marine Superintendent to achieve the following tasks and duties:
- Ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed accordingly to the management agreement requirement.
- Liaise with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance, etc
- Attend to vessel dry docking, repairs and survey when required and determine repair specifications for dry docking and maintenance.
- Provide and compile documented reports upon completion of dry docking, including summaries of works performed, operational budgets, and actual expenditures.
- Identify and source for technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and ensure the rates are most economical.
- Ensure that all copies of statutory, SOLAS and equipment certificates (life rafts, compasses, etc) are properly maintained and documented.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to ships both at home port and overseas.
- Perform evaluation for dry-docking, repair quotes and selection of shipyards for repair works, ship maintenance etc.
- Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections.
- Monitor technical status of vessel with relation to class cert and survey.
- Supervise contractors’ repair/maintenance of vessels.
- Perform budgeting and cost control measures on ship spares and docking requirements.
- Perform technical compliance audits and investigation on defects/failures on a regular scheduled basis to ensure conformance.
- Work closely with the HSE Management team to ensure smooth and successful implementation of QHSE system and policies for the Division.
- Perform systematic review of recommended codes, guidelines and standards and ensure compliance with Quality & Safety Management standards.
- Ensure and maintain vessels’ zero loss time accident record and to report all vessel incidents, near Misses to prevent and eliminate potential incidents.
- Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at min 3-5 yrs relevant experience in similar position.
- Excellent command over written and spoken English is a must
- Possess relevant sea-going work experience as Chief Engineer/Marine Engineer with minimum class 2 certification or equivalent with in experience in AHTS, Offshore Supply/Offshore tug/ Dive Support vessels. Those with DP vessel experience will be highly advantageous.
- Possess good organizational and communication skills and hands-on.
- Independent and resourceful. Able to work under pressure to meet deadline.
- Analytical and highly proactive in technical trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Familiarity with ISM / ISPS is a must.
- Able to conduct effective stand-up training for vessel crews.
- Ability to travel within short notice as required.
Application Form should include:
- Cover letter in English
- Curriculum vitae (with candidate’s photo within 6 months)
- Copy of Education certificates Application deadline: 24/11/2017
Candidates, please send your profile to email address: email@example.com with the email title: PTSC CGGV_Maritime Superintendent Assistant_[Your full name]
- Posted by: Phu Nguyen
- Company: PTSC CGGV GEOPHYSICAL SURVEY CO., LTD
- State: Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu
- Location: Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu, Vietnam
- Job type: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job category: Maritime Superintendent Assistant
- Tags: LTD - Maritime Superintendent Assistant - PTSC CGGV GEOPHYSICAL SURVEY CO.
- Job expires in: 818 days
280 total views, 1 today