Baker Hughes Vietnam
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for an offshore chemist. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
- To contribute to the respect of Environment on and around the off-shore installations, to follow Local Rules/ Regulations, Company Regulations and ISO 14001
- Compliance with rules and standards concerning on-site laboratory services and chemicals handling (chemicals waste disposal, chemical storage including labeling, packaging and segregation in accordance with chemicals compatibility and chemicals risk);
- Participating in laboratory documentation update;
- Storage and display of MSDS and other safety sheets (reflex sheets) for laboratory chemicals and reagents stored on offshore lab;
- Stocktaking and material requisition covering laboratory chemicals, treatment chemicals, consumables, collective protective equipment and any other equipment or tools necessary for laboratory services.
- Participation in daily production meetings on site;
- Issuing daily reports and a monthly report on laboratory activities on timely manner to Production Supervisor and Production Engineer;
- Laboratory housekeeping such as glassware and equipment cleaning;
- Routine maintenance of equipment and machines including collective protective equipment. Routine maintenance corresponds to First Level maintenance actions which are simple and necessary for the availability of laboratory equipment and which are performed on easily accessible parts, without dismantling or opening the item. It is COMPANY’s responsibility to perform higher level of maintenance;
- Follow-up of inspection and calibration plan of laboratory equipment and machines including collective protective equipment. Request to CUSTOMER to organize inspection or calibration.
- Report all incidents to RSES on site (Responsibility for Safety and Environment on Site);
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Scientific discipline
- At less 3 year experiences in the Oil and Gas Production field
- Team player
- Motivated, self-starter
- Ability to multi-task to work on multiple projects
- Work independently at times, as well as be a function part of a team to complete large projects.
- Laboratory Technician must be proficient to operate the lab equipment and perform the analyses. In addition, the lab tech will be required to maintain all records, including original test sheets and reports in an organized manner and shall be proficient in basic computer skills to perform this task.
- The Chemist will be responsible for overall cleanliness and neatness of the lab equipment and supplies.
- It is also the responsibility of the Chemist to maintain the stock of all chemicals used, inclusive of laboratory reagents, and ensure they are ordered on time to maintain agreed stock levels.
- The Laboratory Technicians will issue a daily report with a summary of all analysis done.
- Full Time / rotating 4 week on/off
How to Apply